As part of dipping my toe in the waters of my grand yarn sort-out (see my post about cataloging here), I reminded myself about a rather lovely crochet project I started many moons ago.
It is this crochet tunic:
The yarn recommended for this pattern is Rowan Calmer – what a lovely name! I bought it in this lovely deep red shade:
As you can see, I originally made a small number of the motifs.
But then I must have got distracted, and over the years, I have also used some of the yarn for some other projects as experiments (!). So I don’t have quite enough of the red to finish this off as things currently stand, especially as I would quite like to extend the design to make it longer, finishing perhaps at the mid-thigh point. So I have in theory a few options:
- I can omit the sleeves;
- I can attempt to source more of the same yarn, accepting that it is highly unlikely to be from the same dye-lot, and thus taking a chance that any colour variation does not show up too much;
- I can look for more Calmer in a contrasting colour, perhaps for the borders and belt;
- I can integrate a different but similar yarn altogether, again in a contrasting colour, for the borders and belt.
As this yarn is now discontinued, the latter option is my most likely bet, particularly as I have such a wide range of different yarns already in my stash!! I think I will have a go at making some of the motifs in some sample yarns and see how I get on. I will report again in due course. 😀